Monday, June 22, 2009

DIY: Denim Shorts


For awhile I wanted nothing to do with denim shorts. I thought they were incredibly boring. I've since wised up and learned how to make them my own, and for practically nothing. I went to a clothing swap in Brooklyn recently and found 2 dingy old pairs of Levis. One was a well worn and faded bootcut pair that screamed 5 years ago. Another was an old dirty men's pair. While all the other swappers ignored them by, I quickly grabbed them up, realizing their potential. Here is the final product..



All it took to make these were some studs, pliers for fastening, a bucket of bleach, and a pair of scissors. This is a great project for all those old jeans everyone has laying around that they never managed to throw out. And if you don't have any on hand, just head to your local thrift store. They are always swimming in old Levi's.




P.S. If anyone wants to buy these, I'm selling them in my Etsy shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6447180

No comments:

Post a Comment